Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday

What a great way to start off the week! 
After I dropped the kids off I went on a 5 mile walk.  It was chilly today but at least the sun was out!  So I got my health in for the day!
Then this afternoon a good friend that moved away came back to visit me and the kids.  We got to chat and relax and the kids played.  It was a good time and made me happy!

Cherie and Me
Look at that ham hock arm of mine!  I need to get some weights so I can start trimming that down!

And for lunch I had my minestrone and for dinner I had my minestrone.  It's such a warm soup and just makes me feel good.  And all of the vegetables: cabbage, spinach, tomatoes (lots of tomatoes) onions, garlic, zucchini, and celery.  So I should definitely getting my servings of vegetables for the day!  And really it's easy to make!  I didn't post the recipe, did I?  If you're interested let me know and I'll be glad to share!  I also fixed the nutritional info on the minestrone post - the black letters wouldn't show up on the black background.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Sheri shared the recipe with me and I absolutely LOVE it!