Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yummy Dinner!

Yummy Turkey Mexican Roll Up's!
Okay, I can clearly see that photo doesn't really do my wrap justice.  However, it wasn't until I'd taken several bites that I realized I should even take a picture!
This recipe is from Biggest Loser's Cookbook as Heather's Mexican Roll up.  It has 234 servings, 34g of protein, 14g carbohydrates, and 4 grams fat.  I made it with ground turkey, but you can also use Extra Lean Ground Beef.  But I thought, let's go for it!  If I can attempt and love a veggie burger, I can love ground turkey!
Hubby liked it - came back for two more!  Now I did do a slight sprinkle of Mexican mixed cheese on his - but maybe a tsp!  7 year old daughter liked it.  But, here is my prize for day!  My 5 year old son LOVED IT!  He kept saying how good it was, and that it was the best thing he's ever eatten.  And then----he hit me with, "Mommy, this is even better than pizza!"  I was floored!  Five year old boys don't lie about food...especially pizza!  I'll have to start doing a Owen's Taste Awards - thumbs up or thumbs down.  This one definitely gets an Owen's Thumbs Up!



1/4 lb extra lean ground turkey/extra lean ground beef
1 whole-wheat flower low carb tortilla
1 tbsp fat free sour cream
1/3 cup shredded romaine lettuce leafs
1/3 cup seeded chopped tomatoe
2 tbsp thick and chunky salsa

spray pan with tiny squire Pam olive oil or other non-stick spray
Brown ground turkey/beef and then set aside
Place tortilla in same pan cooking for 30 secs per side or until just warmed.  Transfer to serving plate.
Starting at one side, spread the sour cream evenly over 2/3 of the tortilla.  Scatter the reserved turkey or beef over the sour cream.  Top with the lettuce, tomato and salsa.  Start at the filled end, roll the tortilla tightly into a tube, being careful not to tear it.  Secure with toothpick if desired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The dark skies sure make our grass look green!

The storms are rolling in right now and we have church tonight for Ash Wednesday.  Not sure if I'll be able to get my walk in.  Today was a busy day again.  I really hate that - I love my walks.

No comments: