Monday, March 7, 2011

When life gives you lemons - make lemonade!


Phone fully submerssed in fresh brewed coffee.  Locked out of my company time system.  Can't get anyone to respond to my login issues.  Time/payroll lady off sick today.  Brownie scout mom who skated on last meeting when she was in charge of activity and no showed for cookie booth last Saturday emails me at 4pm today to say she cannot teach the girls to knit tomorrow as promised.  Bought new phone.  What a day.
So what did I do?  I walked it out!!!! 2.4 miles with Max.  And I ate fairly well.  Veggie burger for lunch, cereal bars for snacks, cottage cheese.  Lots and lots of water.  Slimfast for dinner - I just plain ran out of time.  Sprinkle in some Whole grain bite sized tortilla chips with homemade salas.  I think I did okay.
I feel like I'm learning to deal with things better.  There really is no point in yelling or stomping around.  First of all I was home alone.  Who would hear me?  And secondly, it's too stressful. 
Now, did I yell at the lady in front of me in the Goodwill drive through line cuz she was taking too long folding up her "donation" receipt and holding a line of cars up?  Absolutely!  And did I then curse her when she stopped 5 foot from entering the road cuz she was once again checking down - assuming in her purse?  Definitely!  But that was Saturday.  Today is Monday.  And I handled today's cornucopia of events quite well.
By the way, I notified all the Brownie moms that I would not be returning next year as the leader.  Now this is not a knee-jerk reaction to the mom sticking it to me for the 3rd time in 2 weeks.  I've been saying I would do this since this year started.  It's my 3rd year as the leader.  It's time for another mom to step up.  But as soon as I sent that email (which was professional and kind) the stress lifted off my shoulders!  It was like it was the last thing I needed to do.  I've already stopped being a Mary Kay Consultant.  So now, I should have more ME time for my family and friends.
Tomorrow is going to be great!  I just know it!!!

No comments: