Thursday, June 2, 2011

Get it together, Girl!

I could not get out of bed this morning.  I've been getting up between 11:30pm-1:30am for child potty purposes.  And then hubby gets up at 3:45am for work, and I lovingly get up to make a pot of coffee and his lunch.  Monday and Tuesday, I then stayed up to work on my CEU's that I had been procrastinating on for 2 years.  Thank goodness that ridiculousness is over and I've started out even better already by completing 1.5 ceus for my 2013 deadline.  Whoo Hoo me!  Ya gotta celebrate the little victories!
So this morning, got up with hubby as usual.  Went back to bed, read FB a little, and fell back asleep.  Woke up at 7:30am with giant labrator retriever jumping in my bed.  Yelled for daughter to let him out so I could sleep.  Long story short, I ended up letting him out myself, then going back to bed.  7:45am, dog out again required assistance again.  grrrrr.   Went back to bed.  Read more FB - it's like reading National Enquirer, there are so many better things I could be doing, but nonetheless, I sad and read.  Soooooo desiring a cup of coffee from that brewed pot at 4am, toppng with whipped cream!!!  Yet no one brought it to me and I just couldn't bring myself to get out of bed.  Just then, our local little coffee shop posted, along with a tantilizing photo, that their special for the day was copper camel latte.  That was just down right mean!  I rolled over and tried to sleep some more.  Then checked out Twitter.  I love reading Nikki Sixx's posts and viewing his photography.
Finally at 9am, I drug my lazy bones out of bed, poured a cold cup of coffee and topped it with whipped cream.  Talk about instant happiness!  Whipped cream is amazing - not fat free - but amazing.

 Note the whipped cream isn't mountaining out the top.  Like I said, it's amazing, but not fat free ~ So I try not to get carried away with it!  The money?  Well, the kids left their gold coins on the table and I thought they would be appropriate with my priceless cup of coffee.  Also, we started our budget yesterday, so priceless really means something!

Once the caffeine started rolling through my veins I could open my eyes enough to realize the sun is out, the sky is blue, and it's a beautiful day!  Let's get this ball rolling!  So I decided to make me and the kids cheesy eggs.  Now don't get too judgemental, cheesy doesn't mean gobs of cheese!  It means a small amount of shredded cheese ever so lightly sprinkled in while cooking the eggs.  MAYBE a tablespoon per 4 eggs (for me and the kids, not 4 eggs for me!).
When I served it up with a golden toasted piece of honeywheat bread, spread with Brummel and Brown Natural Yogurt butter, it was still missing something.  So I whipped up a quick batch of fresh salsa! 

WAH-LAH!  Now tell me your mouth isn't watering looking at that creation! 

So now I sit, belly full, veins thriving with caffeine, and the kids around me reading their books they just got from the library.  It's a good morning!

So there you have my happiness and party health, but I think i've been avoding conversation of physical health for about 2 weeks.  Mainly because that is the last time I walked 4+ miles....actually any miles for exercise.  With the kids field day and then awards ceremony and last day of school and CEU crunch, I've done nothing.  But now I am wide open.  I need to start exercising again.  I miss my 4-5 miles a day.  And I miss my chats with my friend while we walk.  My diet has been off kilter, as well. I can't even remember the last thing I sprinkled flaxseed on.  I can feel my moods not as stablized as well.  I'm not sure if that is all diet and health related or the life events causing stress which effects my moods.  Either way, with the beginning of the month, and the beginning of a new budget, it only makes sense to get back on track with my diet and exercise! 
it might be 90 degrees out with 90% humidity and cicadas flying like mad, but I will get out and walk today.  If only a few miles!  That is my goal today!

No comments: