Sunday, June 19, 2011

starting uphill

Again I feel great today!  I got up, did my Sun Salutation, gave blood at our church, and ran some errands.
My iron was excellent she said.  My blood pressure was on 106 over 68!  Unfortunately I had to fess up my weight, though!  LOL
Yesterday just hanging out on the patio, out of the blue my father asked, "You have a birthday coming up, right?"  I kind of blinked and realized he was right!  I don't really remember what lead him to the question or what conversation followed, but I was thinking, wow 39.  And those of you who know me, know I don't share my age - at least not until my mother and sister-in-law blew my cover 2 months ago, letting my kids know I was not any longer 21.  Ha ha ha  But I'll be 39~ that's pretty scary.  I'm not an agist, I don't get depressed nor stay in bed all day on birthdays. I celebrate them - even if no one else does!  Birthdays are incredibly important to me ~ and not just my own, but everyone I care about!  So anyway, next month - 39.  Only one year away from 40  (((gasp))). 
What can I do in one year?  What should I do to make this year, the last year being under 40, remarkable, special, memorable?  Then it hit me:


  
by
 


Yep - 40 pounds by the time I turn 40!! 
At first I thought, well what's so hard about that?  Who couldn't lose 40 pounds in one year?  Uhm, I haven't so far!  So I guess ~me!  So it will be my challenge.
My last weigh in was 164 lbs.    Hopefully I haven't increased since Wed.


And I will kick off this personal challenge tomorrow, so that gives me 378 days until my 40th birthday.
This challenge is going to be different and definitely taken more seriously!  I need to format a plan to include a fitness and diet changes, and then monthly and weekly goals.  I feel pretty confident in my path with Tosca Reno and the Eat Clean Diet and plan to continue and increase my use with it.  I'm sure this challenge will also continue to provide lots of learning for me, so I plan to be researching constantly - new recipes, new exercises, new walking challenges, and somewhere along the way start using weights.
I know you all are always behind me, but I'll be asking for long term support during this challenge.
Today, is Father's Day and we're cooking out.  I will enjoy myself within reason without going crazy - my capper was McDonald's at 9pm Wednesday already! 
I look at this challenge as a continuation of the path, I've already begun.  Only now, I'm pretty sure it's about to start going up a steep hill, whereas before, I was simply warming up!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

I will back you 110%. I know anything is possible and if you want it you can get it! Here is to the best year yet to come!