Monday, June 13, 2011

Who hasn't wanted to do this?

Today I threw my bathroom scale away!

About a week ago my scale just quit working.  I had never replaced the battery so figured that was what was wrong.   Every time I'd head to the store, though, I'd forget to the battery.  This weekend I saw a two pack of the CR2032 for $4.37 but thought that was silly since I only need one, and this one had lasted me about 4 years!  Today after shopping around, it turned out Lowe's was cheapest!  So back to Lowe's and teaching the kids a lesson about money.  We get home, insert the battery and nothing.  I gently tapped it - how you should turn it on - nothing.  I turned the battery around although I knew it was in right- nothing.  I pounded on it, flipped it, gently tapped it again - nothing.  There is no reset button.  There is nothing on line for trouble shooting, so I threw it in the trash, AFTER I REMOVED MY NEW BATTERY THAT I NOW HAVE TO RETURN TO LOWE'S!!!!  Now if I could only be brave enough to throw away my cell phone and computer!

So it felt good to chuck it!  Rarely do I get to do that.  I'll be headed to Target tomorrow to get a replacement scale, as I discovered my hubby has also been checking his weight lately!

So health and happiness all wrapped into one scenario today!

2 comments:

Kathi said...

I love that picture! I need to have it. I feel like that is the best for place for a scale some times.

Jane said...

Sheri, this is a perfect time for a fresh start! New scale, new week, new attitude! Embrace it!