Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 3 (374) Finally some exercise!

I finally got outside for some exercise today!  With the kids home and the rain it's been hard.  But today it's gray and cool and breezy, so I told the kids - lace up we're walking to Grammie's!  My parents live about 2 1/4 miles away.  I told them it was a long walk, potty first, bring water if you want, but no lip once we get going!  They were sure they wanted to go, especially when I said we'd stop at the park and play!  It was a perfect day for this since it was so cool! 
I'd never take them with me on a normal humid hot day!  They did well.  Griped a little going up the first of 3 big hills, but they made it!  And then it was all DOWN HILL!!!  And I mean it's down hill!  We rested and watered up at my parents then off to the park we went!  My kids were showing me all the things they normally do here and they swung on the monkey bars, hung on the uneven bars, went down the slides etc.  So I thought I'd show them Momma can still do a few things.

I climbed up the bars and hung by my legs, but that picture didn't turn out to be exactly something to post.  So you just get the climbing up part.


 But then i got on the monkey bars and hung, and I can post this photo!  LOL


And this was the best!  My mom came to pick us up and she played on the Merry Go Round with the kids!  Three generations playing at the park!  It was great!

I am contemplating a simple 7-day detox plan.  Have any of you done something like this before?  Comments, advice, input appreciated. 

1 comment:

Kathi said...

You put a smile on my face the one with you hanging upside down is priceless. I have attempt to do a detox diet and I had a lot of issue with it. Let's just say a lot of **it was coming out! It was not pleasant. But it was a reminder to me how badly I was eating.