Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 2 (375) - temptations

Having difficulty getting out for exercise.  We've been having thunderstorms all this week.  I had have a ray of hope for a rarely participated in activity - hubby, the kids and I were going to go rock climbing at the local church gym.  Last time we went I was astonished on how quickly pulling your own weight makes your arms like wet spaghetti noodles.  But I did finally make it to the top.  Luckily for me hubby took great photos of my BUTT the whole way up!  Sheesh!  Back to yesterday, though, the rain stopped and so hubby had to get outside and work.  Half way back to work, it started raining again.  It went on like that all day long.
Eatting went well.  I had grilled chicken and veggies again for lunch and then hubby wanted to stop while we were out at Taco Bell ~ he hadn't eatten yet.  Now I love me some Fresco soft shell tacos.  But I was good, I had already eatten, so I just brought my water bottle in with them and drank that.  I felt pretty good about my will power and restraint. 
But then....
It was mom's birthday.  We were just going to go over for a cake and coffee-like evening.  However she called about 3pm and said, Why do you all come over and we'll order pizza!!  Late in the afternoon I watched The Dilemma and made some popcorn.  I figured I'd fill up on that and not eat much pizza.  I thought about taking some grilled chicken, but didn't want to stand out - especially for a birthday even though it was just pizza.  So I had 2 slices of supreme (lots of veggies, right?  And you can't get much cheese!).  I did have a couple of breadsticks, though.  And boy did I notice how full and almost bloated I felt.  Probably all the water I drank along with the carbs!!  Everyone wanted huge chunks of cheesecake.  I cut the slightest piece I could without it falling into crumbles.  And I only had one drink.  The rest of the time I had water.
So all in all I think I did well.  Although the scale didn't agree this morning.  And all the veggies I'm eatting - sheesh!  My body is adjusting.

No comments: