Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 8 (368) ~Tired, Sore, and Grouchy

We had bad storms last night.  I woke up at 2am because I heard the cat meowing so got up and let her out.  Then by 3am the storms rolled in!  We got 2" of rain just this morning!!!  The news kept showing the lightning strike count and I saw it go up to 9000 and a friend of mine saw it at 10,000!  I'm sooo glad we got the office wall fixed!  No water in my office!

The kids have been up since 5am because the storms were so loud.  7 hours later, I'm about ready to put them down for naps, although they quit napping 2+ years ago.  And the topper was while laying on the floor, belly down, with my daughter, my son jumped right on the left half of my back and shoulder - although he swears he tripped.  All I know is I felt some SERIOUS pain and even a few hours later, I'm stiff and sore and achy.

Being up since 2am, I needed coffee.  And before I really thought about what I was doing, the Sweet N Low was already in the coffee.  All 3 times I filled up.  I am weak!!


 I was craving bad things come lunch time!  Thank goodness I don't have many bad things in the house.  So I took out the chicken breasts I've been marinading for 2 days and threw them on the grill!  Then I diced up some onions and chopped up some lettuce.  I threw it all together with the chicken and a bag of fiesta corn.  Man it was good - and pretty colorful, too! 

I don't know if I'll get any walking in now.  I haven't done much of anything since I was "jumped."  So I'm going to get dressed, finally, and head out to run some errands.  If I think I can walk, I will!

No comments: