Tuesday, June 14, 2011

FUNK---Y

I don't know what is wrong with me today.  I'm tired although I slept until 9:50 am.  Of course, keep in mind Im up at 11:30pm, 1:30am, and then 4am before I got up at 9:50am.  And I just have no zip!  It's a beautiful grey rainy cool day.  I LOVE DAYS LIKE THIS - I'm not a hot weather sunshine kind of gal.  But with that being said, I started my late morning off with a handful of Special K berry cereal, a cup of hot lemon water (been awhile), 1 cup of coffee~*~*~*~*OMG I just figured it out!!!!  I made coffee this morning, but I never drank any!  The lemon water filled me up and then we took off for the library!  I'm lagging from zero caffeine!!!
BRB~
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
That is just crazy!  I already feel better holding this cup of coffee in my hand!  I've been slowing down the coffee a whole lot lately.  When I think back that I was drinking a whole pot myself a few months ago, I can't even believe it.  I dump coffee down the drain now.  Okay, with my brain coming to life I can focus more now.  Sheesh!

Like I said it has been a beautiful rainy cool day here!  Cloudy and gray!  I remembered an elementary song I played on the piano many years ago from a Jazz Book called Very Gray Day.  It used to freak me out because it reminded me of Michael Myers and Halloween back then, but as I grew older I appreciated it tone and melody.  So I dug out the sheet music today and played it.  Ahhhh, it was wonderful!



Along with my lemon water (only) this morning, I remembered I wanted to start eatting oatmeal again.  I had bought the Quaker Lower Sugar variety box - apple cinnamon, maple brown sugar, and cinnamon.  I loved it!!!  I don't even care that it's not cold out.  It was so good I had the cinnamon one later on for my lunch.

After seeing my paycheck arrive in the bank today, hubby said I should finally go and get some new shoes.  My feet have been so sore.  Playing in the pool the other day he grabbed my toes, and I yelped out from the pain!  I bought some Nike Comfort Footbed sandles to wear last week and they are soooo much better than the cheap rubber flip flops I had been wearing.  I can actually stand up and not take a minute to move my feet before I step down.  I wear these almost everywhere now.  I love them.


So today I was to go get some walking shoes.  My Rika's just haven't worked for me at all.  The first pair were runners and they had no support and still hurt my feet.  I couldn't even do my Bob workout cuz my feet slid around with the support.  Then I got the Rika walkers and they looked okay but with 5+ miles a day they wore out fast.  Plus Max took a liking to them the first week and I had to buy a replacement pair.  I've had those since March and my feet hurt already.  Let me tell you there are not a lot of pretty walking shoes available out there.  They're either solid white with white trim and clunky looking.  OR the ReTones by Reebok that look good, but apparently made my feet roll out and no one told me I looked like I was recently recovering from knee, leg, or foot surgery when I wore them.  Nice waste of $90.   So I go today and am almost overwelmed with choices as none are marked WALKERS.  I found a pair of New Balance but was hesitant uz they were runners.  So I looked at the nurse-like walkers and found one grey and pink pair that fit well, felt good, and looked half way fashionable.  Of course they were THE ONE PAIR on that wall that weren't on sale.  Grrrrr!!!  So I tried the walker on one foot and the runner on the other.  Such a difference! But I just couldn't bring myself to pay the difference.  So I came home with the New Balance runner.

On a Happiness note, lately, I'm trying to find ways to be grateful.  Yesterday, Kathi's post including 5 Gratefuls that she got from her friend, Heather, encouraged my quest.  So today, when I was having difficulty walking (get it - walking, the walker shoe - ha ha ha ~sorry coffee must be kicking in) away from the walker shoe I knew would be better for me, I decided to be grateful that I could even be out shopping for new shoes.  And grateful that I need shoes because I'm healthy to walk every day.  And that I had a $5 coupon for my shoes!  Bwah haw haw 

Then I went to Target.  Again, the money issue - do I need a new scale?  Do I want a new scale?  Should I wait til next pay day or get one since I just got paid?  On and on in my head.  I think it's stress that I bring upon myself.   I realized yesterday that many scales only go in .2 increments.  So I could never be (and I mean NEVER) 120.3 lbs.  I could be 120.2 lbs or 120.4 lbs.  How crazy is that?!?!  Today at Target I noticed they had other choices that did do all 9 ounces in their read outs.  I had a Weight Watchers scale before by Conair uit.  So I decided to get one again.  But this time, they come in colors.  And what color do you think I chose?

Yep!!  Red....and pink! 
So I, of course, had to move the scale into my grey and pink 1960's bathroom - the only room in the house that hasn't been rennovated.  I love it though.

And that is about how far I've gotten today.  I need to walk.  But I'm still funky.  And it's still rainy - I don't want to get my new shoes dirty the first day.  Maybe after dinner I'll suffer one more day with my old shoes, and give them one more 5 mile walk.

And P.S.  I forgot to return the $4.37 batteries to Lowes!  My new scale takes 3 AAA.


1 comment:

Kathi said...

I love the color of the scale!