Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 30 (345)

Feeling much better today!  I don't know if yesterday was a funk or just a hard day.  This blog being health and happiness I have no problem discussing emotions.  It seems everyone is under a financial crunch anymore.  Whether one's financial crunch is as bad as yours or better than yours doesn't change the fact that a crunch is being made regardless.  And yesterday I was feeling my crunch was way more than another's.  And it wasn't a jealously issue at all, it was more of What am I doing wrong kind of thing.  One of those where you stop and really take a step back and analyze what is going on in your life.  Work for me is frustrating right now.  I have a job that makes good money - when they have me working.  And working from home is a blessing that I desired for so long.  Being with my kids before and after school is just such a relief, no daycare, no strangers, no extra expense.  I don't have to worry if my kids are sick, I'm there for them without question.  Field trips?  Class parties?  I'm room mother!  And this summer?  I've been home with the kids all summer long!  No camps to fill their days, the kids get to sleep in and stay up late.  It reminds me of when I was a child, and that is a rarity these days.  Now, don't get me wrong, I belittle NO ONE who has to chose daycare.  Before this job, we did, too and were lucky enough, again, to find personal inhome providers who loved my kids like they were their own.  So the benefits for this job, to me, are invaluable.  But when our down time gets longer and longer, that financial crunch starts getting tighter and tighter.  And I start to wonder if this is the best decision for us.  And then feel guilty that I don't work consistantly.  So I went to the other extreme and started applying for jobs all over Nashville.  That alone was a daunting job in itself.  Can anyone explain to me WHY you are requested to copy/paste or attach your resume, and then continue to have to fill out an online application that asks you the same dam questions you just answered by attaching your resume!?  It took me so long that by the time I finished and hit SUBMIT, the website timed out, erased all my answers and I had to start all over again!  And I'm a fast typer!!!  I was just drained by 3pm when my husband came home and I broke down into tears.  I consoled myself by sitting in my teeny tiny pink retro bathroom.  Barely enough room to sit - the toilet paper holder jabs me in the back, but I had alone time.   Then I sulked on the couch and watched Dr Oz.  This man is all my mom talks about, so I immediately roll my eyes when I see him on tv yesterday.  But now I'm hooked!  He didn't teach me anything I didn't already know yesterday, but he did remind me of the things I do know and have let slide!  Like I need 1000 iu of Vitamin D per day!   And that Vitamin D is the closest thing to a preventative to cancer we know of right now - especially breast and uterine cancer!  Lemons - oh Lord, this is where I really sat up!  He had a segment on what all lemons do for us!  It's a miracle fruit!  Here is the clip:


From digestion aid to wrinkle fighter, lemons are a great natural remedy. Learn more about how you can use this fruit to improve your health.

So then I took my Viactiv, had some energy and went for a bike ride.  I rode 8.8 miles!  Longest yet.  I hope to eventually get to 10 miles.  I am increasing my distance each time I ride.  And I rode at 6:45pm instead of 4pm and it was sooooooo much cooler and better.

Today I weighed in.  I don't know what it is about Thursdays, but I always weigh less on Thursdays?!?!?  Back down to 162.5  a few ounces less than last week ~ so I'll take it.  A pathetic amount most for 1 month, though.  I'll rant on that tomorrow. 

Has anyone tried turkey hotdogs?  I wanted to try these for awhile, but was unsure how they'd taste.  I bought Ball Park, as that is the beef ones we usually like.   First thing I noticed is they are fuller than regular beef hotdogs and a little darker. 
I threw them on the grill and they plump up just the same.  I thought I'd try it first myself and was surprised they tasted nothing at all different!!!!  I knew I could sneak these in on the hubby and kids.  Today we had them for lunch and no one said a thing!

I of course put it on a slice of whole wheat toast topped with
yellow onions, ketchup, mustard, and yes pepperonchino's! 

Summer sweet corn!  Who doesnt love this?  I got the little short ones cuz it's easier for the kids to handle.  We're trying to get my daughter's loose as a goose tooth to finally fall out.  An apple didn't do it.  So we tried corn on the cob today.  No luck - but we sure enjoyed eating the corn! 

I'm enjoying all the fresh fruits and vegetables of summer.  The calendar pages are flying off the wall so quickly, I just know fall will be here soon.  And THAT is when I really come to life!!!!!

No comments: