Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 22 (353) Potatoes - Guilty Pleasure


I love potato chips.
Really....I just love potatoes in general.

Hashbrown casserole - made from scratch.  Mmmmmmmmm!!!  The crispy toasted buttery Cornflakes crushed and browned on hop, the melted cheese and sour cream.  Oh it's too much!  I've always said  if ever get to my goal weight, then I'd intend to lose 10 more pounds just so I could eat an entire pan of my brother-in-law's made from scratch hashbrown casserole. 



French Fries - Please!  There was a time if you even THOUGHT about LOOKING over at my tray/plate at my French Fries, I'd slap you, let alone if you actually took one!  And the saltier the better!



Mashed potatoes.  I think we've discussed this before.  My mashed potatoes only include 3 things: Yukon Gold Potatoes, salt, and butter.  When in doubt, add more butter!!  I could eat the whole bowl myself, armed with a few warm biscuts to scoop it with and wipe the plate clean.  OMG, I'm saying too much!



But I know this addiction that I have.  I know I cannot resist.  Yet what did I do last  night?!  The inconceivable.  While at the grocery store, I bought a bag of Lays potato chips.  And in all honesty, I had no intention of eatting them myself or at all!  My husband was complaining there are never any snacks around, so I intended on over doing it so he's shut it!  LOL  I almost opened the bag on the drive home.  How pathetic would that have been?  Good Lord I've even got more control than that!  I got home put the groceries away, grilled chicken ate that, went for my ride.  It was all good. 
Then later I wanted something quick, easy, and salty.  The cottage cheese was all gone and I didn't buy more so I wouldn't over do it on that (first chink in the armour).  I also forgot to buy more popcorn.  Strike two!  I saw the chips, but just looked past them onto the Kellogs chococate and pretzel 90 calorie snack bar.  Ahh, that'd be perfect. 
But later, once everyone was in bed, I got hungry.  I wanted a snack.  No, popcorn, no cottage cheese, I surely cannot have another bar.  Oh what would a few chips hurt.  NO!  Don't do it!  i even heard myself saying this.  Nah, you'll be okay, Sheri.  Just a couple of chips.  Then I did the stupid thing - I went to the couch turned on the tv and the computer and snacked while not paying attention!!!  HALF THE BAG WAS GONE BEFORE I REALIZED IT!!  Oh the guilt.  The shame!  The regret!  I guzzled water and water and water to flush it all out.
This morning, it was the morning after routine.  I felt fine.  no biggie!  LOL  So while on the computer later this afternoon what do I do?  FREAKING POLISH OFF THE BAG!!!!
normally I could get away with only my own guilt and shame, but when my husband came home to eat his late lunch, he says, "Did you eat all the chips?!"  I couldn't even lie.  It was horrible.

I did go get new ergonimic grips for my bike, had the seat lowered and the handle bars raised.  So after I go out and mow in the heat and attempt to sweat out salt and carbs, I'll also go on a bike ride.  I may have to cut out and pin a giant P on my shirt, just like the Scarlet Letter!  A big fat P for potato offender!

1 comment:

Jane said...

WOW! I didn't realize you had such a tough potato time. Let's make Thursday a new day! Remember, we have weigh-in tomorrow. You can do it, and you know yourself way too well. You tempt yourself with things that cannot be passed up. Eat well before you go to the store, make a list, and be sure you take it with you! You know the drill. Don't sabbotage yourself.