Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 29 (346)

I haven't posted the last 3 days.  Just not a whole lot to say.  I'm not happy with my progress right now and Im in a little funk today as well.  Tomorrow is my blogger friend weigh in day, and according to the scale this morning, I've gained.  We'll see how tomorrow goes.
Biking has gone well.  I cannot remember if I posted that last week I rode 6.2 miles.  Well yesterday I went at 4pm in the 95 degree heat and rode 7.2 miles.  It wasn't as strong as a ride as the 6.2 miles came to me, but it was good.  The problem for me was the heat.  I didn't realize it was that hot , but my head started to hurt even though I was drinking water while I rode.  When I got home, I drove around flat ground to cool down a bit, but then just went in our bedroom and layed on the cool hardwood floor right next to the a/c vent.  That was a dumb idea.  Eventually I just felt worse.  My husband came in and saw me on the floor and said, Good God that a/c will make you sick!  Get outside!  And he was right.  I layed on the patio furniture outside then started to feel a little better, so I cleaned the pool and eventually just crashed into the pool to cool off completely.
Yesterday morning I had juicy red sweet tomatoes that I cut up and put on toast with lettuce.  So I guess a BLT without the B.  LOL


This picture doesn't do it justice for the deep red color the tomato had!



Tonight I used our grilled chicken left overs and mixed it with our brown rice left overs and toss it all with my homemade salsa.  I sprinkled and EVERY SO TINY amount of mixed cheese on the top just for looks.  It was really good, but really HOT!  I'm not quite sure why the salsa sometimes comes out mild and sometimes a little hotter.  But the kids really liked it.  And that's good, because when I made this dish last week with the ground beef, they were not fans.

I think I'll see if it's any cooler outside now.  Maybe I'll hop on my bike and ride.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I think you are doing GREAT! You are working out more consistantly than I am. Keep up the wonderful effort. I completely understand your funk... You know I was in the DEEP funk yesterday.... thank you for pulling me out of it. Your pep talk really helped.

Kathi said...

we all have our funks and some times we just have to ride them out! Great job on the biking! I rode yesterday too and I didn't think it was to bad until I got home and the sweat was rolling off! But it felt so good. Is that bad?