Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 25 (350)

So tired.  We had a pretty labourious day. 
I helped hubby mulch for a customer.  Strangly enough, I enjoy mulching.  Sure, it seems every time I help him, it turns out to be an overcast or cooler day.  But I really love working in the mulch.  I kid my husband and say, "Some artists work with clay or paint, but I work with mulch!"  I enjoy getting down on the ground and spreading the mulch by hand.  Rakes don't work for me.  I smooth it, I spread it, I tuck it under flowers and plants, I pull and mold it so that the nice arches and angles form.  And when I'm done, I'm really proud of my creation.  Today we worked with black mulch.  I discovered long ago - wear gloves and clothes you don't care about when you work with black mulch.  But it looks great against greenery and bright flowers.  Here is a shot of today's work.

Unfortunately I didn't think about sunscreen since it was cloudy and overcast.  Later when we mowed for a few hours, I put spf on, but apparently it was too late!!  I'm a little red.



Speaking of hot, yesterday I picked the first jalepenos from my plant!  I'm not sure yet if I'll use them for salsa or I'll make some jalepeno jelly!

Yesterday when hubby first got home from work, I grabbed my helmet, a bottle of water, got on my bike and rode!  I really really wanted to ride my bike.  I only went to the park since it was so hot.  Last time I went 3.8 miles.  I was feeling so good though this time, I went 6.4 miles!!!!  Although there is monotony of going in circles of the park, coming up over the hill and the breeze hitting you off the lake each lap makes it nice.  I'll tell you the biking must be doing something!  I woke up today and my stomach hurts!  Like muscle hurt.  I can push on my soft belly and OUCH!  I turned around, a little concerned, and asked my husband, Does biking work your abs?  He laughed out loud, Uh yeah!!!!  okay, then.  ;p  I've never really had abs or even muscle tone of the abdominal area - ever.  Even when I was 117 lbs, I just had a nice smooth soft belly.  So how am I to know what to expect!  LOL

I wrapped up the evening with a game of catch with Max!  The temperatures dropped and there was little to no humdity.  It was a great nice to just sit outside.  He really enjoyed it and got some good exercise, himself!

No comments: