Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 16 (360) catching up

Okay,  apparently I thought I had a lot more catching up to do than it appears!  That's a nice change!


Look what is growing!!!  I don't know if it's a pepperonchino or a jalepeno, but it's one of my peppers!!!  



 And the other potted peppers are also coming up.  I can't tell a difference though!  Can you?
 I'm pretty excited to taste them.  Of course, the jalepenos will be hot.  I actually don't think either of the above peppers resemble the jalepeno.  I guess we'll have to wait and see!



My father helped water a friends garden while they went on an Alaska Cruise last week (hate them - just kidding).  They told him to raid the garden so nothing rots.  So he brought me some zucchini and yellow squash.  God Love my mother, she is not a creative chef.  If it doesn't come in a box or a jar, she doesn't make it.  And that's fine for her.  I tried to tell her to slice and cook these in olive oil with some garlic salt and Italian seasonings and she just handed the vegetables over to me in disgust.  LOL  So I did take them home and make them just like I said!  They really good!

Fireworks Sunday night were nice.  We always sit in a big field next to our favorite Mexican restaraunt, La Lomas!  A margarita and then some fireworks!  What could be better!  I discovered my new camera has a firework function.  I think it did a pretty good job capturing the show!


My husband just loves to do his version of a cannonball into the pool.  He hits so hard that there is a pause while all the water sinks down with him and then comes atom bombing out over the pool in a mushroom like spray and soaks just about everyone around!  It's pretty fun to watch, but even more fun if you're in the pool cuz the waves roll you around!

My little sparkler.  WOW!  Did anyone else realize how quick they burned this year?  1 sparkler lasted about 5-10 seconds top!!!  I don't know if they do that for safety or if we got ripped off this year.


Awh, look at my little angel.  These are good times - simple, fun, down home.  Reminds me of being younger myself.


Today is going much better so far.  I did throw my phone once today, which caused the battery to pop out, but I didn't know it.  So then when I needed to call into the Webex, I was late!!  LOL  Even I have to laugh at that!  But work is going well so far.  I had a few chips and my homemade salsa for a snack after my oatmeal for breakfast.  So I am not incredibly hungry for lunch.  So I popped in a bag of Fiesta Corn and am munching it as I catch up here.  The clouds just opened up and its a nice rain.  Had thought about going for a walk, glad I didn't now!
The clouds just opened up and its a nice rain.  Had thought about going for a walk, glad I didn't now! But now I don't have to water the flowers and plants!

And I saw this on a healthy website last night!  Is this directed to me and my day yesterday or what?!
A healthy life consists of more than just eating right. It's about making sure that the people and situations we are involved in bring wholesome thoughts to us. Now is a good time to do self inventory and start to get rid of the people and the things that are not good for you. Are you aware of how many negative feelings you're carrying with you each day? How many positive feelings do you carry each day?
As simple as it may sound, negative feelings or energies will not only destroy your health, but they destroy others around you. If you feel bad or if you are in a bad mood, it affects everyone you come in contact with. You are in control of how you feel. So many times we allow others and situations to control us instead of us taking control and deciding how things in life will affect us.
So today, take a look at your life and see how much of it is controlled by you, and how much is controlled by others. Make sure your relationships are healthy, if you are not happy, that's a great sign that something needs to change. If your job is stressful, it's time to make a change. If your friends and family cause you stress, it's time to do something about it.
A Healthy Life is what you owe yourself. Start now looking for a better way to live a wholesome life. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: