Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 21 (354)

Surprise!  I found this little frog by Max's food dish!  Max was messing with something, I figured maybe a bug, but nope a baby frog!  Mom was over visiting so I called her like the old days, "Moooooooooooooom!"  ha ha ha  She came, picked him up and I had to get a photo!  Then out she took him to the yard by our rock fountain.  But what a little treat of surprise today!


I was really hungry after working this morning - bad me, I skipped breakfast.  Not on purpose, just because I got busy.  So I chopped up my usual while talking to the kids and mom and before I knew it I made a ginormous salad and put dressing on it already!  I'm the only one who likes Greek Vinegarette so I was stuck eatting it.  I had no problem devouring it!

Doesn't it look good?!?!  Although large!
I like to make my own basic salad with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes if I have them, black olives and pepperonchinos.  Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on it and mix it up! 

I had another frustrating day and of course, my feet hurt.  I know I need to do something about it, but also tend to think - what are they gonna say?  Wear better shoes.  Well I've been down that road already haven't I?  Yet I've found myself Googling local podiatrists.  I think I've found one I'd like to make an appointment with, but I just haven't done it yet.  I really wanted to get out and sweat again today.  My blisteres are still tender so I couldn't walk.  I've been thinking about getting my bike out.  I like to bike, but I think it's more dangerous around here with lack of shoulders and sidewalks.  So I figured I'd just ride down to the park and around.  My husband said, maybe just 2 laps the first day.  And because I'm, well, accident prone.  LOL  Well I went but did 4 laps for a total of 3.8 miles.  I know it's not a whole lot, but the park is up hill, down hill, up hill, down hill, and being my first day I thought I did well.
Me and my bike, of course, it's red!
That is a busy picture, sorry ! Lots in the back ground and around! LOL


After I got home, I water the plants again and picked a few tomatoes
And my go to food lately - marinated grilled chicken.  I just use Kraft's Balsamic Vinegarette to marinade the chicken in for about two days.  Then grill it all up.  We make sandwiches, chicken and rice, chicken and veggies, and just big cut up chunks of chicken to eat.  The whole family loves it.

It seems everyone is talking about goals lately.  Bob Harper has a Boost  wall on Facebook through Anthem BCBS.  Yesterday's challenge was drinking at least 10 glasses of water a day.  Ha - no problem, but when I woke up today I felt DEhydrated?!?!?  I still continued to drink drink drink water today, though.  And today's challenge was 20 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week.  And I did that today, too!
I looked at total weight loss the past 3 week and it was a whopping 1.8 pounds.  The at is not very impressive.  I need to step it up.  I hope biking does that.  I guess I'm not sure what kind of goals to set.  Heck I'd like to lose 5 pounds a week, but that sure isnt possible based on my track record.
So tangible goals are 10 glasses of water a day and 20-30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week for me seems good.  Maybe if I focus on those goals, then my 5 lb a week dream goal would happen.

No comments: