Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day One

I'm uncomfortable in my skin, I'm uncomfortable in my clothes.  I'm uncomfortable when I eat and I'm uncomfortable when I don't eat.  I'm uncomfortable when I exercise and again, when I do not exercise.
I've tried group support of friends and my husband, but it really just comes down to me.  What do I want to do.
And my social network seems to diminish on a weekly basis anymore.  I think of the Brooklyn chick in Saturday Night Fever with John Travolta at the cafe where she says, "I'm growin'!  No one knows how much I'm growin'!"  My thoughts and ideas don't seem to follow along with the people I used to hang out with, talk to etc.   I know that doesn't make me wrong, but not conforming to "the norm" leads you down a different path as well.
After linking up with a fellow blogger at Ever Winding Road, I realized I can start this blog all about just me to be accountable and track myself  and my thoughts and ideas as I start down My Path.....to better health and happiness.....
We saw The Wizard of Oz this weekend at the theatre with the whole family - and the kids loved it.  Right now I can't get the "Follow the yellow brick road..." song  out of my head.  Maybe that'll be my theme song, only I'll follow My Path.    Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow, follow My Path....

No comments: