Sunday, January 22, 2012

160 - You're My Angel

11 Years Ago..

I've always loved this shot - just captures the fun


More wedding music - You're My Angel, click to enjoy...


And a more formal professional shot...


And here we are today, 11 years later...


This year for our anniversary, we did something different.  The kiddos blew us away with THE NICEST most creative cards and homemade story book about our anniversary, so we decided to share it with them, and we all went out to dinner last night.  We went to Outback Steakhouse.  We hadn't been there in a long time - actually for Cory's 40th this past May!

I ate good all day and worked out before we left.  At first I was a little reserved about how I'd eat tonight, but then I remember reading that you try to be good on a daily basis so on special occasions you don't need to deny yourself, but don't over indulge.  It's a fine though....ha ha ha

I decided to go ahead and have a Gold Coast 'Rita.  
Outback has really good margaritas so it's a treat!  After this, I had water.

Although I'm not a major meat eater, I'm a furocious carnivore when it comes to perfectly made prime rib.  Outback has perfectly made prime rib!  I order it medium rare and let the au jous cook it a bit longer.  Tonight I had the grilled asparagus!  It was delicious.

I won't hide the fact that we started out sharing a Bloomin' Onion....especially when I found out they are actually low calorie!!!  82 calories, 5 g carb, 7 g fat and 1protein for 1/4 of the onion.  I couldn't believe it, sure it's still fried, but heck I consider it a good way to have a bad treat!

My biggest surprise was that the HOUSE SALAD with the pathetically small ramekin of honey mustard dressing was 351 calories, 30 carbs, 23 g of fat and 7 g protein!!!!  That is absolutely ridiculous for a house salad and Outback should be ashamed!  I'd rather have eaten more Bloomin Onion (okay, not really ha!)  Of note - I did NOT eat any of their delicious bread or butter!  ;)

So dinner was out of control, but since it was a special occasion, it was well worth it!  We had a great time!!!

No comments: