Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday

Well the scale is sticking in a healthier than last year place.  I signed up for Hold The Stuffing here at work.  You weigh in before Thanksgiving and then after New Year's.  If you maintain your weight within 2 pounds, you can win a $50 gift card.  I weigh in tomorrow, which is funny, cause that is also our office Thanksgiving luncheon.  Should I weigh in before or after the luncheon?  Ha ha ha
I'm reading my Tosca book and it's simple and easy and makes sense until I put it to use in real life.  Only eat foods with 5 ingredients or less that you can actually pronounce.  Hmmm.....even the health bars in our break room had crazy ingredient names - polysoyglucosyrup or something.  I opted for least chemically sounding ingredients.   
I got a new pedometer today, after losing mine last Sunday.  So I missed a whole week's worth of steps for my Start! challenge here at work.  But I'm officially over 300K steps now!  Whoo hoo!  Remember I hoped for 600K by New Year's.
On the happiness note, I am pretty good.  I am feel the building of stress lately but it's different.  Instead of IN MY FACE STRESS, it's like a slow simmering stress.  My left jaw hurts and is locked, but a mouth guard is $175.  My husband's company STILL HAS NOT told his department if they are working Thanksgiving and the day after yet or not - so our holiday plans are on hold, which means holding off on plans for what to do with our dog and cat.  And then to top it all off, my old job called me and offered me part time work.  Now with the $175 mouth piece hanging over my head, I'm thinking some part time work will be nice.  But then there is more stress.  Our front yard is filled with Christmas blow ups and the full light up life sized manger scene.  I think my husband is holding off on putting up the tree for fear my heart might explode!
I am handling Christmas a little better this week.  The house has a soft candle light aura throughout it and it actually calms me rather than annoys me.  A little snow would be nice....
Well here's to a terrific Tuesday, new pedometers, and thankfulness for family and friends!

No comments: