Tuesday, November 1, 2011

242 - Last Year For Pumpkin Seeds

Every year I attempt to make roasted pumpkin seeds.  I can remember my mother making them when we were younger and them being good.  However, each year I make them, they are a flop.  I try a different recipe each time to no avail.  This was my last attempt.

First, carve the pumpkin

Scrape pumpking for seeds

Disgard pumpkin from seeds and rinse well

For every 1/2 cup of seeds, add to 2 cups boiling water and 1 tbsp of salt for 10 minutes

Drain and rinse.

pour seeds into roasting pan lightly covered with olive oil

Roast at 400 for about 10-15 minutes depending on browing you prefer

cool on rack and serve

I didn't like them.  I think the problem is I no longer like pumpkin seeds because people in the office really liked them.  So this will be my last year of roasting pumpkin seeds.

No comments: