Wednesday, November 9, 2011

234- Sweet Potato Ice Cream

I saw a receipe for Sweet Potato Ice Cream in my newest Clean Eating magazine the other day and it looked wonderful AND easy.  So my daughter and I decided to make it. 
Now it is a 3-day process, but thought it'd be fun.

So first you get one large sweet potato and cut it into 1/2" slices


We got a chance to use our pure Vermont maple syrup!

Place in 10.5 x 7" baking dish, cover with 1/2 cup maple syrup, toss until well covered and bake for 1 hour to soften (don't flip).  Remove from oven and go directly into the fridge over night to soften some more.

Place sweet potato slices and syrup in food processor puree sweet potato with syrup from dish until creamy -about 4 minutes.  With a rubber spatula scrape bowl to prevent syrup from settling on the bottom.  Add  2 cups almond milk* (they suggested oatmilk, but I couldn't find it) and blend.  Then add 1/2 cup honey, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice and 1 tsp vanilla and blend until it goes from dark orange...

To a lighter color orange.  Mmmmmm!

Pour mixture into a 9x9 metal cake pan (I again substituted for another metal pan)...

and freeze for 12 hours until solid.


 Take out of freezer about 5 minutes prior to serving to soften, scoop and enjoy!
*Although I couldn't find oatmilk, I did find a recipe by Googling, if you're interested in trying.  Also Whole Foods Market may have oatmilk.


And now some kitchen hydiene humor.  I always tell my daughter she has to wash her hands before dealing with food.  I think she'd giggle at this:

No comments: