Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 74 (299) Labor Day

Well I guess I had my days left incorrect the last few posts.  It is my 74th day of this "life change" and I have 299 more days to go until my 40th birthday. 
I wasn't going to focus on my progress in this post, but after starting out with what I did, how can I not?
I'm not progressing at all.  I'm up a pound or two, down a pound or two.  But basically staying in the 162 range. 
I was talking to my friend Tommie today who says, "I'm just not motivated.  You'd think being fat would be motivating enough."  First of all, she is not fat!!!  But I understand what she is saying.  How do you find that motivation?  I want to lose 40 pounds.  I really really do.  I was biking and walking.  But I haven't really gotten any WOW weeks on the scale.  And now, being back to work, my exercise hasn't diminished, but it has receded and changed.  I have to park a little distance away from my entrance at work and I try hard to park in the furthest corner to get that exercise.  I enjoy it.  I'm only on the 3rd floor of my 2nd floor entrance, but I take the stairs rather than the elevator - one floor.  So I get some exercise, but nothing great! 
Then there is my diet.  I was reading a post on Flylady.net where a lady made a 16 week dinner plan that she rotated through the year.  Her exact quote was about starting meal plans was:
Anyway, meals were the one thing I couldn't get my head around, specifically, the issue of variety. I tried and tried, but menu planning just eluded me, and on Friday night I found myself planning essentially the same foods. So we ate a lot of pizza, hot dogs and grilled marinated meats. After a while, my taste buds (and my waist line) got tired of that fare.
And I thought well crap that is me to a T !  And can someone explain to me what is wrong with grilled marinated meats????  I buy large flats of boneless, skinless chicken and marinade it in balmasic vinegar dressing.  Is that so bad?  
I've been taking Progresso Chicken and Wild Rice soup for lunch each day.  200 calories, 3g fat, and - oh crap!!!!  1300mg sodium!!!  I didn't even see this!  Ugh!!!  This is my go to daily lunch, now what am I going to do?  grrrrr
And this week I've been sick. I was sinus-y, congested, sweating, then cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat (I sound like the Nyquil commercial) and an upset stomach.  Just feeling queezy.  So you'd THINK I'd have lost 5 pounds there!  I'd live on Dayquil all day long, then come home, take a scalding hot bath with vapo, chug Nyquil and go to bed. 
Friday in celebration of my first pay check we went to our favorite Mexican restaraunt for dinner.  Chips, salsa, quacamole (which I 99.9% of the time DO NOT ORDER), 2 soft beef tacos, rice and some beans.  And, of course, 1 margarita.  I was miserable the entire night.  And have still felt miserable the rest of the weekend, which is just really the continuation of the rest of the week.  But after saying, "I feel miserable" the last several times we've eaten there (mostly cuz we stuff ourselves on tortialla chips) we've decided to start hitting Blue Coast Burrito as our new Mexican restaraunt.  It's fresher and lighter and there are no all you can baskets of chips!  So a good change there.
Saturday our whole family went for a nice long bike ride!  It was a beautiful morning, not hot, but not chilly like today (which I love!).  It was early so there weren't a lot of people out and about and we all rode a good distance.  Because it was a trail, I don't know how far we went, but my husband thinks maybe about 6-7 miles.  I can't wait to do it again with the family next weekend!  The kids really enjoyed it, too!
I'm hoping this week to be better in general.  It's a short week and I have all day training tomorrow.
I'd like to start looking into a menu plan of good food, but right now I'm eating day to day.  LOL

No comments: