Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 282 - company picnic temptations

Once the weather chills and the sunny days become grey and foggy and rainy, I blossom!  I live for weather like this.  I am, in general, a gray person!!!!  I love it!
Usually this is the time of year that Friday's become very special days of the week for me.  Treat days!!!  I treat myself to a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks!  Remember this from last year?  Well, I had to be at work at 7:30am today and was afriad if I stopped I'd be late.  However, I made it to work by 7:09 , but no Starbucks nearby.  However, we have a Panera right outside out building.  I decided to get a muffin.  I went in and got a cranberry orange muffin.  In line I looked up and they have their own version of a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  Let me tell you, ladies, it was hard to resist.  But I said, I'm already treating myself with this muffin and I have a full to go cup of coffee that I already love in the van waiting.  So I resisted!
My wonderful special Friday morning breakfast!

Then today at the picnic, I tried to make good choices from the devilish food that was offered.  I did have a Kashi pumpkin bar on the drive over because all of a sudden I got light headed, hot, and tingly.  HA HA HA  They laugh at work cuz I'll say, "Oooh I'm feeling hot and tingly"  little do they know my blood sugar is dropping and not that my sex drive is ramping up!  LOL  So I had that and then of course, the food was layed out for us!  Catered Jim and Nick's Barbque.  They had pulled pork, chicken, sauce, hamburgers, veggie burgers (looked like the old kind I used to like so avoided them), cole slaw, baked beans, baked macaroni and cheese, cheesy muffins, potato salad, regular salad,  and som other things I cannot even rememeber.  And that was all before the dessert table!!!!

Here I am with my plate full of food!
Oooh I forgot they also had grilled corn on the cob and watermelon (obviously!)


 My friend Dawn said, well at least in the picture it looks like watermelon is your main course!  And we laughed.  Then I thought, well, I'd better take a picture from the top of the plate:

Barbque pork on a regular bun (whole wheat not offered - but later thought, duh - why did I get a bun at all?!?!), pickles (yuuuuuuu,!), watermelon that is covering up 1 single tiny cheese muffin, grilled corn on the cob, mac N cheese, and salad.

Now before you tear me up, I took very little mac n cheese, that corn isn't covering up another mound of it!  And the cheesy muffin, I took one bite and decided although it was good, it certainly wasn't worth cheating over and left the rest.  In all honesty, the salad was THE BEST PART OF THE MEAL!  I really wanted to chuck the rest and just go get a plate full of salad.  But I ate it all (except the muffin).  

I had a fun time and won $25 gift card to Regal Cinema's playing bingo.

No comments: