Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Feeling Better

I'm starting to feel better.  I'm also starting to get my appetite back. One thing I've learned while living on crackers and Diet Mt Dew is that you really don't need a whole lot to sustain life.  Of course, now that my appetite is coming back, I'm having to fight that hunger that tries to creep in.   I've also noticed now that my appetite is back, although I'm trying really hard to keep it in check, the scale is creeping back up - I was down to 159.4.  Not much a pound, pound in a half?  I'm sure the Diet and regular Mt Dew's didn't help, but I haven't had one today!
My new Clean Eating magazine came this past weekend (an ongoing thank you to Kathi) and on the cover is Southwestern Turkey Meatball Skillet Supper.  It looks really good and I'm hoping to make it this week.
My cheese rebellion is going well.  Now I did have some low fat cottage cheese, which yes I know is cheese, but I don't consider it to be a problem.  I've not been melting colby jack cheese in the microwave just eat it warm nor have I been sprinkling mix cheese on my salads.  I think I can live without most cheeses.
I've not exercised, but I did receive my free pedometer from work.  Only 947 steps so far, but I didn't get to put it on until I got to work since I had left it in the van.  I'm hoping to get my minimal 10,000 steps a day plus some.  And starting Oct 1 I need 200,000 steps by Dec 31.  That should be a synch!
On a happiness note, I'm going to try really hard to not be anti-holiday this year.  It's very hard with all the traveling and shopping and family stress in general.  I can't even think about it yet, or I start getting grumpy. But I am going to try. 
So that is a little update...on me. 

No comments: