Thursday, September 29, 2011

275 - Finally 10,000


Wow!  I have not realized how sedentary I am now that I'm sitting all day long at a desk.  Since I got my pedometer I've averaged about 4500 (or so) steps a day.  How pathetic is that?!?!  I remember rocking 15,000 on any given day a few years back.  I'd love to see what a pedometer would have read on this summer's Bad Ass Morning Walking Crue treks!
So yesterday I made a few decisions:
1) I am going to park in the Way The Hell Back There parking section at work.   I think it's about 1/4 mile from there to my office. 
2) I am going to get my tooshie up on all mini breaks and on my lunch break to walk!  So yes, this means even less time  posting blogs, reading emails and IMing.  Will you still love me?  Send me a text, I always carry my phone!!!
3) I took Max for a short walk around the subdivision twice last night after the kids went to bed.  That is what pushed me over the 10k steps.  So, I'm going to try to do this every night.

To back up my plan?  I've asked my new buddy at work, Dawn, is she'd like to walk with me at lunch.  I got her to send for her free pedometer, too, so she's set to go already and said she'd like to walk with me!  So there you go!  And I'm gonna old lady it and take my shoes with me to work each day!  Bwah haw haw

The Start! program at work starts Oct 1, but I'm ramping up now!!  My goal is actually going to be 200,000 by Thanksgiving, I'm gonna blow this contest out of the water!!!!!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Great Goals Sheri! There is not doubt in my mind that you are going to succeed.