Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 63 (302) I Even Get It At Work!

Ive been enjoying the start of my new job.  So far just policy manuals, getting badges etc, and orientation.  So I've been getting in lots of walking!!!!!  Made the mistake of wearing heels the first day and suffered for ti big time.  Today I wore flats and know I made the right choice!! 
That lunch shot in the my last photos, well I never ate the apple, but I did hit Subway for lunch - no cheese on the sandwich.  I did also have a Diet Coke (bad bad bad) and Doritos (good grief!)  But I walked a ton so not sure it mattered in the long run.  My little lunch bag came today and I am so excited and cannot wait to use it tomorrow.  Now I have no excuses!  I packed it with the last slice of veggie sandwich, some left over pork tenderloin from tonight, my Quaker Oatmeal cereal that I love and my new found love pumpkin granola Kashi bar!!!  Only 120 calories and it is like a slice of heaven!
So today at orientation, they bring in occupational health.  They are going to immunize those lacking necessary shots, have to visit Health & Wellness and then have you sign up to see all your results in the hospital in general if you ever go.  So I had to get tetanus/pertussis, TB skin test, draw blood for a varicella titer (chicken pox vax).  After all that was done I went to the Health & Wellness - it should have been called Insult  & Injury.  They weighed me, measured my height, told me my bmi, gave me a special abdominal tapemeasure, took my blood pressure, and pretty much said I'm short, overweight, and just at the border line for BP.  What more could the do to me?  This afternoon was not fun.
The results:
Weight - 167.4   right now at the end of the day and after eating my scale reads 164.0
Height 5'3"
BMI then is 29.7 ~ argggggh!
and my bp was 119/73.

So I guess I'll chew on all of this and step up the effort.

No comments: