Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 62 (313) What A Weekend

What a great weekend I had!  Jane and John, our best friends from Kansas City came down to visit! 
After a few glasses of wine Friday night, Jane and I both decided to go for a good walk Saturday morning!  What a trooper she is!  I gave her the choice, walk around the park or hit the dreaded hill route!  She chose the hill route!  And now Jane is a witness to what a PITA those hills are!  And the heals, as I have another blister!  We walked 4+ miles!!!

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that walk was enough to offset all the bad food we ate this weekend!!!  I was pleasantly surprised how good Jane was!  No Sweet N Low - I've again fallen off that wagon, lots of water, an avocado burger.  My choices were not so good and I won't go into detail, but we did have some good stuff!! Grilled chicken, broccolli rice, salads.  When I got on the scale this morning, though, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be!
I did make veggie sandwiches!!!!  Jane liked them and we even added her Italian Grinder seasoning!  That was really good.  Last night the plan was to make pizzas but Jane and I decided to be good, avoid the pizza and warm up the veggie sandwiches!

 Pizza?  No, no, no!

Veggie sandwiches?  Yes, please! 

I'm sad to Jane and John go, they're such important parts of our lives!  They to come visit us quite often and I just hope to be able to plan a trip to go up and visit them next time!


Today is my first day of work at my new job and I think I'm all prepared!  I have a Kashi bar to take for lunch with a nice apple.  I have my water bottle clean, filled, and ready to go.  I can't wait for my cutsie lunch bag to arrive tomorrow!
Wish me luck!!!

No comments: