Thursday, April 26, 2012

65

Starting to get back on my feet today. So far the headache is at bay this afternoon. I was hungry although my stomach is a bit queezy, and after a friend mentioned hummus, my mouth started to water. I had just about everything I needed to make some. So off to the kitchen I went.

What is it that I'm making you ask?  Ahhh, spinch artichoke hummus!  YUMMUS!!!


I thought the chick peas and the spinach looked so pretty layered!

This recipe is so easy, it's what I call a "dump" recipe, which doesn't sound pleasant, but you simple dump everything in and mix (or process).  The spinach is just so beautiful in this recipe.  I think I make a center piece out of the layers and just look at it!
Topped off with artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, salt and pepper...

Then.... (click the arrow below the blank box below)


I decided to also add in a little cucumber, onion, parmesean cheese and chick pea reserved juices.  I can say right now, this is the most dangerous recipe I've made. Why? Because it turned out so great, that if I didn't have an ounce of self control, I could easily eat the enter batch myself!!!


 
My sister-in-law, Leah, is rocking it in the fitness department!  She's been running marathons, working out, and becoming a great fitness motivator. She started a group that is all motivational, posting pixs, workouts etc.  It's great because each day, and sometimes a couple of times a day, she posts some great cartoons and serious quotes that just make you laugh or push you to keep on going.  Well, today I found this workout from one of my favorites -Tosca and posted it on her fitness group!  Then I realized, I'm gonna have to do this if I post it.  So I did - sweat out the germs, right?

Oxygen Women's Fitness | Fat Loss | Kick Calories to the Curb!

Let me tell you I only got through the workout twice in 13 minutes without weights, unlike the suggested 3 times in 12 minutes with weights!  And I was sweating!!!    I need to get a set of small weights.  3lbs?  5lbs?  Any thoughts?

I think I shall shower and go and lay down.

2 comments:

Leah said...

really I'm not a pie eater! just sayin

Jane said...

I would suggest 5 lbs. weights. You can use them for lots of things. 5 might seem a little heavy at first, but you'll adapt quickly. In class those are considered "light ones".