Sunday, December 25, 2011

Peaceful Christmas


What a peaceful relaxing Christmas Day I'm having. 
My children got me the Charlie Brown Christmas CD and DVD.  The music is so relaxing, the soft piano playing in the background while I'm cubing potatoes for my world famous (okay, just famous by those who know me) mashed potatoes.  I'm still sipping on my Pumpkin Spice coffee (3 weeks without Sweet N Low, now) and wondering if I want to use my One Hour Massage gift card tomorrow, or wait til next week- starting the new year off right!
The kids are playing Kinect and I don't mind cuz they're jumping and swinging their arms and legs - so they're getting exercise, instead of IMing each other from their DS's.  Max is laid out across the ceramic floor snoozing, half waiting for a potato cube to drop.  Milo, well being a cat she's off hiding somewhere looking ticked off and secretly plotting ways to trip the dog when he walks past the bed she's hiding under.  Hubby is napping it out on the couch while Christmas Story is on the tv.
Soooo  relaxing!!!

The downside?  Kiddos are still a little sick.  We snuck out last night and went to infect the Catholics for Christmas Eve service.  Thought we'd sit in the far back away from everyone, not pass the Peace (or germs).  We discovered Catholics are just as obnoxious in church as Lutherans.  Now I can say that, because I'm Lutheran and I see first hand how there are few of us that go to church anymore actually  respect the sanctuary.  I can also say it because I used to go to the Catholic church with my mother-in-law when we visited and she would roll over in her grave if she saw the behavior in that church last night.  We left before communion, which made me sad because I hoped my hubby would partake.   The kiddos were tired, white, and peaked looking by 9:30pm.  It was a valiant effort for Christmas Eve service, but just wasn't in the cards. Also, my brother and his family are in town and we aren't able to get together with them until my son is contagious-free.  Maybe tomorrow I'll call the dr and see what they say.

But it is relaxing today - I'm taking it all in, enjoying it, and am thankful for this gift of Peace that God has granted me this year.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments: