Sunday, October 16, 2011

253 - I'm an emotional gal



I was trying to think of a good picture to go along with my emotions.  My emotions are usually on my sleeve for all to see whether I like that or not, my emotions are up and down and change sometimes hourly if not half hourly (ha ha) and sometimes they're steady for a longer term.  And my emotions are effected highly by other people, which is not a good thing. 
So when looking for a picture of my emotions, I thought a tangled pile of Christmas tree lights was perfect.  Sometimes my emotions are energenic happy -the pretty YELLOW or PINK or PURPLE!  Other times I'm angry and bright RED.  Less and less I'm jealous or envious and GREEN!  And on the far side of the happy spectrum, I can be sad or depressed - BLUE.
I posess every one of these emotions with 100% energy.  If I'm happy and in a good mood, you'll know it by my laughing and kidding around, a zip in my step and my eyes twinkle.  If I'm mad I'll either say a WHOLE LOT all at once, out and in the open, sometimes without full thought, or I'll be quiet and killing you with my eyes!  And it's hard to pull me out of most of these emotions except for Happiness.  My happiness can be stripped in a heartbeat and I'm instantaneously thrown into one of the other emotions.
How does my emotions relate with food?  I am emotional and sensitive.  When I'm sad or hurt, I need comforting, thus the term comfort food.   When I'm mad, I'm pissed and will eat because dam it I deserve it.
The other problem with emotions is the body's reaction to them.  Happiness - that's easy, eveything is great and bright, and I feel good and I want to be outside or walking, feeling strong!  But when I'm upset or stressed, my stomach instantly sinks and starts to knot - pulling tighter and tighter until I can't eat or drink.  Honestly, how I don't have an ulcer is beyond me.
All of this came to thought today because I'm a little stressed and nothing sounds good although I'm hungry.  Honestly and unfortunately most healthy things do NOT go over well when my stomch is in knots.  I thought today, Hmmm, maybe some soup.  I grabbed the Chicken and Wild rice and then remembered for some reason that KILLS my stomach when it's knotted.  How crazy is that!!!

Look at these two soups!
The one on the left is broccoli potato cheese soup.  The one on the right is Chicken N Wild rice.
Now you'd think the one on the right would be so much better for me.  But I just couldn't eat it today.  I went with the broccoli potato cheese soup on the left to comfort my belly.  510 calories vs 210, but I can tell you it's worth it if I can keep it down.  We shall see......

No comments: