Tuesday, October 25, 2011

249- Turkey Tuesday

The infamous turkey sandwich I've promised to post

A few posts back, I was telling you about my turkey sandwich obsession.  I am finally now getting a photo posted.  As you can see it's a pretty plain turkey sandwich, and early in the dark morning, it doesn't photograph too well - about like me.  But there it is in all it's glory and I cannot wait to eat it even before lunch!


 After yesterday's starvation (not really) hungerfest, I wanted to be sure to get up and make my lunch and prepare a breakfast right away!  This is the layout on my kitchen counter this morning.  Again, you can see the turkey sandwich is pretty plain, but wait!  What is that pinkish meat on the sandwich?  I decided today to doll it up with one thin slice of brown sugar ham!!!  Still no cheese!  I had forgotten that the kids love Cheerios and decided to try Banana Nut Cheerios (love the 2 box tops!).  For 3/4 cup, it's only 100 calories.  This is great for me because I like to take cereal to work as a snack to munch on throughout the day instead of chips (Doritos) or sugary snacks (Kit Kats, M&M's - and I don't even like chocolate!).
A key ingredient I've been lacking lately? The old water bottle!  We have an ice machine and a filtered water machine at work so there is no excuse - unless of course you don't have a container in which to put those items. 
One other key ingredient I have today, that I haven't had lately is 8.5 hours of sleep last night.  Oh, man, what a difference that makes!  I have such a better attitude already this morning and feel great!
So back on track today and am really relieved!  It's a mad world out there filled with bad choices and if you're not prepared and weak, you'll fall into the trap almost every time!!!

Have a happy healthy day!!!

No comments: