Monday, April 11, 2011

Whoo Hoo

Wow!  I don't want to start doing the once a week post!  I'd better get on her a little more.  I haven't forgetten this blog, but I wasn't doing anything I felt was Blog worthy!  H3.
I did finally go down to Whole Foods to try to find the ingredients I need for Bob Harper's Green Protein shake.  I was very disappointed as they out of Maca Powder - which I found out was $24.95 for a 1 pound bag!!!  i don't even know if I'm going to like this to have more than once, so I certainly do not want to pay $24.95 for one ingredient - and I only need 2 tsp to make the drink!!!!  I had everything else but panicked in case I couldn't get the Maca Powder elsewhere.  So I put the 2 tbsp of Dulse Flakes back (kicking myself now) figuring when I came back for the Maca Powder I'd get the flakes.  Dumb dumb dumb.  I went home and found sample size bags of  the Maca Powder for $2.50 at Nutsonline.com and the hemp seeds much cheaper.  So now all I need the the miniscule amount of dulse flakes and it's all the way downtown.  Grrrrr.  I'd be spending more money on gas than on the darn flakes.   And I can't find Kale.  Apparently I'll have to raid some restaraunt's kitchen for the infamous green bush they throw on every plate!  HA HA HA
I've been walking, 5.05 miles today.  But it's not every day.  I think every other day is good. 
I have been adding ground flax seeds to a lot of my foods and taking my daily vitamin and Viactin everyday. 
We've been doing a lot of yard work and sweating, too!  It's been great.  I'm sunburned, which is NOT healthy, but for right now it's my tattoo - my proof of being in the great outdoors and enjoying myself and being outside.
All this combined, I'm finally noticing the scale slowly move down.  Since it had been stuck in a certain 2-3 range for the past 2 years, this is a big deal to me.  And I'm acting like I might jinx it if I talk about it, or get excited about it.  But then I'm also afraid if I don't celebrate it I'll offend the great mightly scale and it'll jump back up again.  Such craziness.
My blogger group weighs in on Wednesday - so I am soooooo excited to get to Wednesday and officially weigh myself.
We've been doing a lot of yard work and sweating, too!  It's been great.  I'm sunburned, which is NOT healthy, but for right now it's my tattoo - my proof of being in the great outdoors and enjoying myself and being outside.

No comments: