Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 138 ~Running in Sleet

I will confess I have been pathetically eating out of control!  We have my father-in-law in town, and it's certainly not his fault, but I've left my self control back in last week! 
What haven't I eaten?  Actually, that's not true.  There are 2 specific things that have come into play since Wed....chips (potato, tortilla, pita) and wine.

Okay, maybe it's not nearly that dramatic, my pants still fit just fine.


I actually felt good to go back to work today - fruit smoothie for breakfast, lots of water (dam water/ice machine broke at work, slows my intake down), veggies for lunch.  It felt so good.  I get home, what do I do???? 
Eat chips and salsa

What in the world is wrong with me?  Surely I was hungry, and even now sitting here, my mind is blank on what I could have eaten instead.  Cottage cheese?  Maybe the whole container. 

And then we went to Sweet Ce Ce's frozen yogurt where you purchase yogurt by how much your gargantoas container weighs.  Now it IS yogurt so it's healthy for you, right?- - -insert Seinfeld non-fat yogurt episode...
We know how that ended, don't we!
Look at all the toppings offered in the background of our photo:
chocolate chips, gummy bears, chocolate covered raisins and/or espresso beans, crumbled candy bars and cookies, sprinkles, gumballs, jelly beans.....
My husband and I opted for cheesecake flavored yogurt with some nuts, a FEW chocolate covered raisins and then a couple of chocolate covered espresso beans.  To be totally honest, the bottom of the container was barely covered, and yet, we didn't eat it all.

By the time we got home, I had to exercise!  I popped in Just Dance 3 and danced for awhile and then did my 100 Workout.  As I headed out the door in 30 degree temps at night, it started sleeting.  I had snowflakes on my eyelashes when I got home.
The snowflakes are hard to see, but they are definitely there!

But honestly, it really felt so good to run, even if it was a slow pace with my bum knee and in the sleet.  I like cold weather anyway.  Again, why do I doubt what I already know - exercise is good for the body and my body enjoys it!

I love this quote - and I think it fits well tonight.....
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ”
Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments: