Wednesday, February 15, 2012

136 - CardioMAXX

I got on the scale today and It dropped 1.6 pounds!!!  Still I'm just trying to get back to where I was a week ago! 
I saw a dear friend of mine's post today that she's lost 20 pounds in 40 days!  I'm on day 46 and have lost 6 pounds, 8 really but gained 2 back!!  I am happy as all get out for her, and she knows that!  But it really bummed me out and made me pout at my own progress. 

Why does it seem I'm working out almost every day without big results?  Why am I drinking gallons of water without a 20 pound flush?

Once I got over my little pity party, I decided to use my negative energy for something smart and positive!  I needed to Shake it off and Shake it up!  I've been doing the same routine for 46 days now.  Sure, last night I did run 10 minutes longer than usual, but that was because I had 4 pieces of strawberry fudge looking stuff.  Still, I needed something different.  Then I remembered....
Look how sweet that Bob Harper looks! I remember him from BL, this won't be that bad, certainly I was just more out of shape the last time I did this dvd. I'm stronger now!


Sionne has that teddy bear personality and he talks gentle.  Bob comes on and acts tough but really, with that accent and warm smile, I know I'll get through this.  Look I'm even smiling while crunch kicking! 

OMG how many more of these squats do we have?  This whole video is one long torturous squat! 10, 9, 8, 7...then Bob wanders off talking and loses count - we did 12 not 10 and my quad are screaming!  Dam it Max, quit chewing that bone so loudly!


Unbelievabley these round house kicks feel good and relieve my pain!  I'd like to maybe round house Bob Harper once or twice by this point.  Good gravy Max, ya about done with that bone!?  I'm trying to hold it together here!

Punch it out!  I'm imaging Bob Harper's face at this point - punch, punch, punch.  MAX! Quit laying there licking that bone!   Get up and chase the cat or something!


Ha ha ha  Okay it wasn't bad enough to make me that mean, but I wasn't exactly whistling Dixie - which meant it was probably exactly what I needed. 

So thank you Jenni, for pushing me to try something different and for challenging me, unbeknownst to you, to keep it going!!!  And you keep on going too!  You're an inspiration!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I love you so much!!! You are doing GREAT!!! You know I tried losing the weight on my own and it wasn't happening. I couldn't have dropped those 20 pounds without the HCG injections. I tried!! Haha!! Keep it up and we will do this together!! :) Wish I could hug ya right now!!!! Xoxo

Jane said...

Go for it, Sheri! WOW! That Cardio Max is a KILLER!