Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Starting Over...Again

I stared at that picture a lot last night.
I even put it on my iphone so I could stare at it whenever I wanted to.
I've not made any big decisions. 
I got out of bed and put my pedometer on.  I walked to the bathroom and then weighed myself.  Same weight I've been for about 2 weeks now.  So I guess no major change there.  But it's noted and it's another starting point. 
So I come out of the bedroom this morning, stumble to the Keurig and I see this...


The last of the wonderful blueberry muffins I made yesterday.  Now yesterday, I would have popped this in my mouth before the Keurig even spit out my cup of coffee.  Today I pushed it aside and made the coffee.
I guess my first decision I'm going to have to make with nutrition is my coffee.  I need my coffee.  I've come way down on my coffee intake since purchasing this Keurig.  2 cups a day.  I use Coffeemate's liquid creamers - usually Fat Free, but with Pumpkin Spice out for fall, I've switched over to it and there isn't a fat free version.  Guess maybe I just need to have it as a Friday Treat?  For today though I pour in about 3 tbsps. 
 
That lead me to the computer to log on and start back with Myfitnesspal.com so I can track everything.  I see ladies on there checking in for the 140th day and even my friend, Shelley, over 400 days in A ROW checking in.  That's accountability.  I'm  not sure I've ever done something every day for over a year other than breathing.
 
My plan for today is basic foods.  No snacks.  No soda (argh - can't believe that might even bother me, I used to never have soda).  More water.  Those are the only nutritional decisions I've made.  Oh and no cheese.  I think this is do-able.

Further in the photo album from that party, I came across this picture.  And I recognize this lady. 
The horror picture of the last post I won't forget, I will view that daily.  But it's nice to see a picture from the same day, from the save event, in the same outfit that I DO see and like myself.
 

So with coffee starting to flow into my veins, I'm off to start the day.  We are in the middle of a Prayer Revival at church and I think I'm at the point I need to pray for my health and fitness and that I make wise decisions.  Why not ask God for help - he's moved mountains, surely he can help me move the scale!
 

No comments: