Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday


At first that expression was going to be added as sarcasm at my own lack of motivation.  But when I searched that phrase on Google, I found the above picture.  And  I no longer felt the sarcasm. 
Instead, I felt forgiveness and compassion.  Some people are good with tough motivation, JUST DO IT attitudes.  I'm not like that in the weight loss department.  I'm not really good at that with anything I'm struggling with, but certainly not weight loss.  This is where I need an, "I understand"  "Of course"  "You'll get thru this" "baby steps"

Today is Monday.  I hope to start again today and start on the right foot.  I started by stepping on the scale and I think I now weigh the most I ever have.    Yesterday it was 50 degrees and sunny.  I drove with the windows down and the 80's music playing on Pandora as I drove to the grocery store to get fresh fruits and vegetables.  Spring gives me energy.  I need this energy.  So today is a good day to start.

I do have a couple of guidelines I'd like to follow:


1) Take is slow.  I realize I'm over 40 and out of shape.  I can't just pop in T25 and start at the hardest level to jump start any fitness routine like I used to.  I don't bounce back as well as I used to (did I mention I fell out of the attic and bruised every part of my body Thursday?).  Almost every time I start off with a BANG, I over do it and either burn out or injury myself.  So I'm going to try to take it slow.  I think just walking every day for now and doing am/pm yoga would be an excellent start.

2) More fruits and vegetables.
I stocked up on lots of these at the store yesterday.  And made a pan of roasted vegetables for dinner that EVERYONE loved - I didn't expect that!  So I'd like a vegetable with every meal and fruit for snacks. 

3) The incredible edible egg
I read this weekend the Egg is called the perfect food because it has almost 100% of the nutrients one needs in one  item!  The only thing it lacks is vitamin C.  So I'll be eating plenty of eggs and drinking lots of milk.

4) Water, water, water....nuff said about that

and last but not least, if you've followed my blog at all over the years, or even read the archive titles to the right over here you'll understand this last one....


5)
My goal is a weekly blog, not a daily blab fest with tons of pictures.

And with that being said, it's time to start my day and see what all I can accomplish. 
My hope, my goal, is lose 10 pounds by the beginning of spring break - March 24th. 
Hope you'll check in on me and motivate with comments!!!

No comments: